Things to Consider Before Adopting:
Take time to answer the following questions before you begin the adoption process:
- How much time do you have to spend with a pet?
- How active is your household?
- How many hours a day will the pet be alone?
- Is your home “pet safe”?
- What size or breed are you interested in?
- How much exercise and training will your new pet require?
- Who will be the main caregiver for your pet?
- Do you have enough money in your budget for veterinarian care and pet supplies?
- If you rent your home, what is the pet policy? Many landlords have restrictions on size, breed etc.
- If you own your home, does your homeowners insurance company have restrictions?
- If you have children, how much exposure have your children had to pets and what was their reaction?
- Do you have other pets? How much exposure have they had to other animals?
- Does anyone in the home have allergies?